8 Fun Buyer Contest Concepts
An effective way to construct model loyalty is thru customer contests. Here are eight ideas to get your creative juices flowing.
1. Get Snap Glad. Photo contests are numerous fun and incredibly easy to take part in since so many of us have smartphones. So what type of photograph contest ought to you will have? Two concepts: “Show us your ugly…” or “Show us your pretty…” contests. For example, if you happen to make customized cabinets, you could possibly hold a “Show us your ugly kitchen cabinets” contest. The proprietor of the ugliest cabinets—voted on by followers/customers—wins new custom kitchen cabinets designed by your agency. Or when you own a pet kennel service, you might have a “Show us your cutest pet” contest. The winner will get to board his or her pet without cost for three nights. You get the idea. Then give all the members a reasonable cellular phone pocket only for collaborating! You win too as a result of your online business will get remembered lengthy after the competition ends with your company football t shirt maker 2015 title on the cellular phone pocket!
2. Make Local Connections. A well known Boston retailer named Jordan’s Furniture held a “Perfect Game” promotion in 2013. The premise was simple, as acknowledged on the website, Boston on a Price range: “Buy furnishings and merchandise now at Jordan’s until Could 5, 2013 and receive your furnishings free of charge if a Red Sox pitcher pitches a perfect recreation between July 17, 2013 and October 1, 2013.”
Nobody pitched a perfect recreation that season, but that didn’t matter. It was exciting for contest members and casual observers alike. And Boston fans didn’t undergo, since they went on to win The World Series anyway. Talking of which, Jordan’s Furnishings has a new promotion this year: if the Sox repeat their World Collection victory, everyone who purchased furnishings from Jordan’s earlier than May 18, 2014, will get a full rebate.
You possibly can do one thing similar. No, you most likely don’t have the funds to do a tie-in with a significant league sports activities group, however why not hook up with a local sports activities crew (or dance troupe, drama membership, cub pack, and many others.)? Linking your contest to one thing local and one thing beyond your corporation is a great way to get even more publicity for the reason that local group would promote the competition to its fans, prospects, and databases.
Three. Get Inventive with Social Media. It doesn’t matter what sort of contest you run, social media will play a role in selling it and getting folks engaged. But you may use social media as the premise of your contest. Remember the Twitter contest that Esurance ran right after the massive Game? When anyone tweeted the hashtag “#EsuranceSave30” in the course of the entry interval, the person was mechanically entered into the competition. A winner was randomly drawn and received 1.5 million dollars (the sum of money Esurance saved by airing a industrial AFTER the large Recreation).
When you’ve got a wholesome Twitter following, you possibly can do one thing related (Okay, minus the 1.5 million dollars). Make it straightforward for folks to “play”—just ask them to tweet a line with a hashtag that you just create. Be sure that you could have an thrilling prize. And be sure to develop loads of buzz and that you just let people know about the hashtag. Then, sit again and watch the tweets pour in (and hopefully watch your Twitter base grow as different people hear about your small business and your cool contest).
In fact, it’s not just Twitter where you’ll be able to have all the enjoyable. You’ll be able to run contests on different social media platforms as well. Here’s a fantastic article with 5 positive-fireplace Fb contest concepts.
Four. Unleash “Our Products in the Wild” Contests. That is a kind of photo contest, however it’s worthy of its own clarification. Ask prospects to take photos of themselves utilizing your products. Probably the most creative entry wins a prize. You would make this an ongoing, monthly contest. By making it a daily function, you’ll have content material for…
– Blog posts
– Social media posts
– The “About” part in your website
– Customer communications
– Testimonials – we are able to virtually assure people will embody captions with their photos—in truth, you must encourage it
5. Hold Naming Contests. In terms of naming a product or service, you need to watch out and considerate in the way you go about it. 9 times out of ten, you must work with somebody who has expertise in developing with model names. However that doesn’t imply you can’t occasionally have customer enter. For instance, if you happen to personal an ice cream store, perhaps you’re launching three new flavors of ice cream for the season and you need some help in developing with artistic names. Hold a naming contest for a enjoyable prize.
Notice: you can get inventive here as properly. If you wish to keep away from muddying up your brand names with “interesting” customer creations, then hold naming contests for benign issues, like your organization’s mascot.
6. Don’t Neglect Oldies However football t shirt maker 2015 Goodies. Do you remember in class if you had to guess how many jellybeans have been in an enormous jar (this was normally part of a math or science class)? You possibly can create your own version of this. Fill a huge jar with something relevant to what you are promoting. Are you a homebuilder? Perhaps you fill the jar with screws. Are you the proprietor of the ice cream shop we talked about above? Possibly you fill it with one of many candy toppings you supply, like M&Ms. You get the idea. Create a video the place you introduce the competition, show the jar, shake it around, and voila. Get individuals guessing.
7. Tie It in with the Seasons. The good thing about seasonal contests is which you could foster anticipation for them year after yr. It doesn’t even need to be “your” season to be efficient. For example, a panorama company would possibly hold a contest throughout December where folks ship in the sunshine displays on their home. One of the best one—as voted on by fans—wins a prize. Now, landscapers aren’t essentially in search of enterprise in December, but it could be an effective way to remain front and heart in customers’ minds throughout off months.
The seasons, and their corresponding holidays, have tons of potential. A restaurant could hold a contest in January, and the prize may very well be a particular Valentine’s Day bundle, like dinner on the restaurant and a night at a local lodge. All folks must do is e-mail their answer to a easy question: “Tell us who you wish to whisk away for a romantic weekend, and why.” You may share snippets of entries—sweet ones, funny ones, intelligent ones—on social media to get individuals excited.
Consider all the holidays out there—from effectively -identified ones to holidays that are more obscure. You would have a blast developing with a unique contest that engages followers and promotes your online business.
8. Make it Child Pleasant. Individuals love rallying around contests that involve children. For instance, Google holds a “Doodle 4 Google” contest yearly where it invitations children to submit their very own Google doodles. The grand prize includes scholarship money (a prize that’s at all times welcome!) and a trip to Google headquarters (among different fabulous prizes). Running a contest for kids and providing scholarship money as a prize is a good way to help youngsters and get exposure for your online business.
Want a child-friendly instance that applies to a small enterprise? A coffee store, restaurant/diner, or bookstore may hold a drawing or painting competitors. Finalists’ entries would be displayed in the business, and patrons would vote for the winner.
Housekeeping Particulars: Some Reminders earlier than You Launch a Contest
– Suppose the competition through step by step. What occurs when someone enters? How will winners be notified? And so forth.
– Submit the official guidelines, phrases, and circumstances in your website (and make them available in writing to anyone who requests them). We’re not lawyers, so don’t take any of this as authorized recommendation, however consider including some “safeguards” in terms of language, equivalent to “Void where prohibited” and “Judges’ choices are final” to keep away from potential issues.
– For contests where stakes are exceptionally excessive and you’re making a gift of a giant-ticket merchandise, consider having a lawyer review your guidelines (a smart transfer, even when it’s a small contest, especially in case you suppose you might make it a regular occasion).
– Consider giving a prize for everybody who plays along. What an easy approach to turn your contest right into a promotion for your corporation that gets you remembered! Keep it low budget with cheap customized Koozies for adults or promotional water bottles for kids.
– If you’re operating the competition on social media, ensure you abide by the platform’s promotional guidelines. For example, Facebook has some strict, clear pointers on operating promotions.
– Be sure that everybody in your group is aware of about the competition so that they will area questions (provide employees with a one-sheet overview).
Have you ever run a contest? We would like to listen to how it labored out. Share your experience within the feedback under.